Blow torch piezo and'universal butane tank
Accessories for exothermic welding
The blow torch piezo and'universal butane tank are required when preparing the exothermic welding mold. Indeed, the mold is composed of a porous material, graphite. By its very nature, graphite retains air and water particles present in the atmosphere.
In order to perform a quality weld, it is therefore important to heat and dry the mold before use.
► How to choose all the required exothermic welding materials ?
To choose all of the required materials, follow the steps below:
- Select the graphite mold
- Select the handle clamp
- Select the metal powder
- Select the ignition method
- Select the accessories and safety equipments
► What if the welding configuration is not available on MALTEP website ?
MALTEP also manufactures graphite molds for the realization of particular welding configuration.
Do not hesitate to consult us for any particular request with the following welding inputs:
• The configuration of the weld: tee, parallel, etc..
• The nature of the conductors to be welded: cable, round, rebar, etc. (note that aluminium is not suitable with exothermic welding)
• The cross section, diameter, conductors dimensions
• The number of welds to be done for each type of weld
► Wants to know more ?
Discover our exothermic welding overview