CS27 Welding kit
Complete kit for making a vertical bare copper cable and through on vertical metallic frame
The complete kits are not suitable for your work on site, compose your own, use our selection guide
Exothermic welding is a self contained fusion welding process that allows very high quality electrical connections between copper, copper alloy or steel conductors. This process involves the use of a graphite mold allowing the molten metal present inside to come in contact with the conductors present and to weld them in a definitive way.
Our CS27 welding kit is designed to weld a bare copper cable on metal surface in vertical position. A kit contains all the material necessary to make 20 or respectively 60 connections:
• 1 graphite mold
• 20 or 60 metal powder cardtridges (depending on the kit)
• 1 handle clamp for the mold
• 1 mold scraper
• 1 mold cleaning brush
• 1 card cloth brush
• 1 manual igniter
• 1 storage box
► How to choose all the required exothermic welding materials ?
To choose all of the required materials, follow the steps below:
- Select the graphite mold
- Select the handle clamp
- Select the metal powder
- Select the ignition method
- Select the accessories and safety equipments
► What if the welding configuration is not available on MALTEP website ?
MALTEP also manufactures graphite molds for the realization of particular welding configuration.
Do not hesitate to consult us for any particular request with the following welding inputs:
• The configuration of the weld: tee, parallel, etc..
• The nature of the conductors to be welded: cable, round, rebar, etc. (note that aluminium is not suitable with exothermic welding)
• The cross section, diameter, conductors dimensions
• The number of welds to be done for each type of weld
► Wants to know more ?
Discover our exothermic welding overview
► Technical documentation
Access all our MALTEP technical documentation by creating your personnal account