Required for assembling the different parts of the exothermic welding mold and for holding the conductors to be welded inside it
Make sure you have the mold for the handle clamp, use our selection guide
The exothermic welding is a self-sufficient process to achieve high quality electrical connections between copper, copper alloys or steel conductors. The process implies the use of a graphite mold allowing the molten metal present inside to come in contact with the conductors present and to weld them in a definitive way.
The pre-assembly of the different parts of a mold as well as the holding of the conductors or elements to be welded present in the mold, is carried out using a handle clamp adapted to each mold size:
- HCB00 handle clamps are used with the mini molds (size B - references •••-B-•••)
- HCC00 handle clamps are used with the standard molds (size B - references •••-C-•••)
- HCD00 handle clamps are used with the maxi molds (size V or D - references •••-V-••• or •••-D-•••)
► How to choose all the required exothermic welding materials ?
To choose all of the required materials, follow the steps below:
- Select the graphite mold
- Select the handle clamp
- Select the metal powder
- Select the ignition method
- Select the accessories and safety equipments
► What if the welding configuration is not available on MALTEP website ?
MALTEP also manufactures graphite molds for the realization of particular welding configuration.
Do not hesitate to consult us for any particular request with the following welding inputs:
• The configuration of the weld: tee, parallel, etc..
• The nature of the conductors to be welded: cable, round, rebar, etc. (note that aluminium is not suitable with exothermic welding)
• The cross section, diameter, conductors dimensions
• The number of welds to be done for each type of weld
► Wants to know more ?
Discover our exothermic welding overview
Products that you might need
⚡ MALTEP participates in the Middle East Energy exhibition in Dubai ⚡
As every year, for the last 5 years, MALTEP will be present at the Middle East Energy exhibition in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. We will be there from 7 to 9 March 2023 to present our expertise a [...]
⚡ A new CEO joins the #MALTEP team ⚡
On January 30th Ludovic HAAG joined MALTEP as CEO.
⚡ MALTEP strengthens its environmental commitment ⚡
We all have a role to play to preserve the environment, and for this purpose every gesture counts. This is why we have decided to replace our classic drums with 100% recyclable drums that meet [...]