The metal powder provides the required material in order to perform the exothermic welding of the conductors
Each type of weld requires a specific welding powder cardtridge, make sure you have the right mold, use our selection guide
The exothermic welding is a self-sufficient process to achieve high quality electrical connections between copper, copper alloys or steel conductors. The process implies the use of a graphite mold allowing the molten metal present inside to come in contact with the conductors present and to weld them in a definitive way.
The exothermic metal powder cartridges are calibrated in weight according to the weld to be carried out and contain two types of powder:
- The metal powder is available under the colored cover and consists of a mixture of copper and aluminum oxide and serves as a raw material to fuse with the conductors to be welded
- The ignition powder is available under the black cover and is used to start the fusion process, when igniting the exothermic welding process
► How to choose all the required exothermic welding materials ?
To choose all of the required materials, follow the steps below:
- Select the graphite mold
- Select the handle clamp
- Select the metal powder
- Select the ignition method
- Select the accessories and safety equipments
► What if the welding configuration is not available on MALTEP website ?
MALTEP also manufactures graphite molds for the realization of particular welding configuration.
Do not hesitate to consult us for any particular request with the following welding inputs:
• The configuration of the weld: tee, parallel, etc..
• The nature of the conductors to be welded: cable, round, rebar, etc. (note that aluminium is not suitable with exothermic welding)
• The cross section, diameter, conductors dimensions
• The number of welds to be done for each type of weld
► Wants to know more ?
Discover our exothermic welding overview
Products that you might need
⚡ EARTH TERMINAL FOR WATERPROOF WALL CROSSING ⚡
⚡ MALTEP website blows out its first candle ⚡
Le 14 avril dernier nous lancions notre nouveau site web, 1 an plus tard nous nous réjouissons de ses progrès
⚡ MALTEP Satisfaction Survey ⚡
Give us your feedback