In copper bonded steel or stainless steel
The earth rod is an electrical component used in earth electrodees of earthing circuits. The function of the earth electrodee is to dissipate the fault current through the contact made with the ground. The dissipation of the fault current depends on the characteristics of the soil where the earth electrodee is buried. The nature, moisture content and granulation of the soil are all factors that influence the resistivity of the soil. The earth resistance is improved by using one or more ground rods directly connected to the earthing conductor. Therefore, the material, diameter, length of the rods but also the connection means used to connect the rod to the earth conductor are parameters to be taken into account when choosing the earth rod.
MALTEP offers a complete range of earth rods according to the following criteria:
- Material: 304 (A2) or 316 (A4) stainless steel or copper plated steel (250 or 350µm)
- Nominal diameter: 16mm (5/8'' or 19mm (3/4'')
- Length: from 1 to 2 metres in 50cm increments
- Extension means: by standard or threaded sleeves, auto-extensible rods
As well as a full range of earth rods accessories including:
- Earth rods clamps: allowing mechanical connection to the earth conductor such as bare or flat copper cables
- Driving heads: allowing the protection of the earth rods when sinking into ground
- Protective and insulated driving head: allowing the protection of the eart rod when sinking it into ground as well as mechanical and electrical protection of the operator carrying out the work;
MALTEP also manufacture specific earth rods, for example the manufacture of full copper earth rods with a diameter of 20mm. Please do not hesitate to contact us for any special requirements.