BB14 Exothermic molds
To make horizontal tee weld between tape conductors of identical cross-sections
Select the right mold for your foundation works, use our selection guide
Exothermic welding is a self contained fusion welding process that allows very high quality electrical connections between copper, copper alloy or steel conductors. The process involves the use of a graphite mold which allows the molten metal inside to come into contact with the conductors present and to weld them permanently. Molds are manufactured in our workshops from a block of graphite according to the weld configuration required.
The size of the mold is defined according to the number of welds to be made and the nature and dimensions of the conductors to be welded:
- The C size molds can make up to 50 welds
- The B size molds can make up to 30 welds
Our BB14 mold type model is designed to weld horizontal tee tape conductors.
► How to choose all the required exothermic welding materials ?
To choose all of the required materials, follow the steps below:
- Select the graphite mold
- Select the handle clamp
- Select the metal powder
- Select the ignition method
- Select the accessories and safety equipments
► What if the welding configuration is not available on MALTEP website ?
MALTEP also manufactures graphite molds for the realization of particular welding configuration.
Do not hesitate to consult us for any particular request with the following welding inputs:
• The configuration of the weld: tee, parallel, etc..
• The nature of the conductors to be welded: cable, round, rebar, etc. (note that aluminium is not suitable with exothermic welding)
• The cross section, diameter, conductors dimensions
• The number of welds to be done for each type of weld
► Wants to know more ?
Discover our exothermic welding overview
► Technical documentation
Access all our MALTEP technical documentation by creating your personnal account
- Type of weld
- Tape conductor - Tape conductor
Products that you might need
⚡ MALTEP website blows out its first candle ⚡
Le 14 avril dernier nous lancions notre nouveau site web, 1 an plus tard nous nous réjouissons de ses progrès
⚡ MALTEP Satisfaction Survey ⚡
Give us your feedback
⚡ New video on Youtube ⚡
Discover exothermic welding on steel surface